- For safety reasons, please wear your NIS 2016 badge at all times while at the Grand Hyatt Washington (March 30-31) and remove your badge when leaving the hotel.
- Separate credentials for reporters approved to cover the NIS Awards Luncheon on March 31 and press pre-registered for the NIS 2016 Expo and Nuclear Security Summit (March 31-April 1) will be distributed at the Walter E. Convention Center at the press entrance near 9th and L Streets, NW. Credentials must be displayed at all times and also should not be worn when leaving the Washington Convention Center. If you did not pre-register, absolutely no credentials will be granted on-site at either venue.
- If you lose your badge for either venue, we cannot provide replacements. Do not share your badges for access to any events.
- During all NIS 2016 events at the Grand Hyatt Washington, the ballroom has limited seating for 50 members of the media and access is on a first come, first serve basis. There are three risers in the back of theConstitution Ballroom reserved for television crews.
- We will live stream all of the NIS 2016 events in the ballroom at the Grand Hyatt in the Arlington Room, our press overflow room; and the NIS Awards Luncheon on March 31 will be live streamed in the NIS Press Room (#208) at the Washington Convention Center.
- The Nuclear Industry Summit Press Rooms are located in the Latrobe and Burnham rooms in the Grand Hyatt Washington and in Room 208 in the Washington Convention Center. The press rooms are equipped with electrical outlets, Internet access, tables and chairs. Because of potential space limitations, if there is a period when you are filing stories and are not in the ballroom at the Hyatt or the Awards Luncheon at the Convention Center, please use the press rooms.
- One-on-one camera/audio interview space with an NIS 2016 backdrop is available in the hallway near the Press Registration desk on March 30 and the morning of March 31 at the Grand Hyatt Washington and throughout the Washington Convention Center.
- Nuclear Industry Summit executives will be available 11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. after the morning session on March 30 in the Washington Board Room at the Grand Hyatt Washington for questions and answers.
- The NIS 2016 Flickr account, https://www.flickr.com/photos/nis2016, is accessible to all media for unrestricted Creative Commons licensure of high-resolution photography. You may use summit photography downloaded from Flickr with the following attribution: Photo Credit: Nuclear Industry Summit 2016. Our professional photographer will upload images throughout the summit.
- We will provide unedited broadcast quality video footage of the speeches given during the March 30 opening session by NIS 2016 Chairman, Marvin Fertel; the Honorable Sam Nunn, co-chairman, Nuclear Threat Initiative; and the Honorable Yukiya Amano, director general, International Atomic Energy Agency by COB that day on the NIS 2016 DropBox.
- We also will provide unedited broadcast quality video footage of the NIS 2016 Closing Speech given on March 31 by Daniel S. Lipman, NIS 2016 Organizing Committee Chair, by COB that day via the NIS 2016 DropBox.
- You may leave your email address with Josh Evans or Jennifer Maloney at the press registration desk at the Grand Hyatt Washington if you wish to be notified when the videos are uploaded.
- Any special interview requests must go through the press room or originate from any contact (below) on a space/schedule permitting basis.
Caren Kagan Evans